Best Beginner Snowboards
Rick and I are frequently asked which snowboard is best for beginners. While the best snowboard may vary for each rider, we have compiled a list of snowboards we think are pretty good for beginners. The 12 snowboards on this page have been hand-picked, tested and researched by us to ensure the quality and performance is appropriate for beginner and intermediate snowboarders. We’ve ridden most of these snowboards personally, but if not, we polled our friends who have and researched the models and manufacturers.
We recommended these 12 because they are quality snowboards from reputable brands that are forgiving enough for beginners, yet strong enough so newbs won’t need to upgrade equipment once their skills progress. They may cost a little more than the typical Learn-To-Ride snowboard, but are an overall better value since they will last for many seasons.
Recommended Men’s Beginner Snowboards
Recommended Women’s Beginner Snowboards
What makes a good beginner snowboard?
* Generally, a softer all-mountain snowboard or park snowboard will be good for learning to snowboard. This type of snowboard is also great for more advanced riders with an interest in freestyle or a mellow, less aggressive riding style.
* Snowboards with a twin shape or rocker can also be great for beginners.
* A beginner snowboard does not need to be the most expensive. In fact, it should be in the moderate to lower price range of a brand’s selection.
* Select the snowboard size based on your weight. If you are between sizes, going with the smaller size can be easier to learn on. Snowboarders can often ride more than one size of the same snowboard.
* Avoid snowboards that are too stiff or too technical, since they are better suited for advanced snowboarders. These snowboards are often higher in price.
* Avoid snowboards meant for riding powder, since such snowboards are harder to learn on.
We were not paid by any companies to select their snowboards nor do they send us free stuff, so these are just our honest recommendations. Snowprofessor does, however, earn a small commission if you click these links and choose to buy one of the products. Thanks for supporting snowprofessor.com.
Additional Recommended Beginner Snowboards: